Craft Lake City is a non-profit organization that lives to champion the local maker scene. Craft Lake City’s flagship event is the annual DIY Festival held each year in August. We also offer year-round programming that includes workshops, exhibits, and other special events. If you are community-minded and interested in DIY culture take a look at the job opportunities below. You might be a great fit and just who we’re looking for!
Positions are contract and flexible as to the when/where/how. Join our team of dreamers by sending your résumé and relevant materials in a combined PDF to opportunities [at] craftlakecity.com with the subject line “MAKE ME YOUR (POSITION TITLE)!”
If while combing the job opportunities below and you don’t find what your looking for send us your interest—what you’re looking for or hoping to work on with us—and your résumé to opportunities [at] craftlakecity.com.
Click to jump to the exact job description you are looking for or feel free to scroll down to view the various opportunities we have for you to work alongside Craft Lake City.
2017 Festival Positions
Reports to Festival Controller
Craft Lake City is looking for Cashiers, who are wonderfully enthusiastic and can provide great customer service at our 2017 DIY Festival. You will assist with the handling of transactions at ticket booths, VIP, Kids’ Area, and more at the Festival. Cashiers are responsible for providing great customer service and helpful information when answering questions that may arise from patrons and visitors of the DIY Festival. As a Cashier, you’ll also have a chance to work with a supportive team of individuals that allow Craft Lake City to create a unique a festival for our community. As a cashier you will be provided shift breaks and the opportunity to work in more than one area, allowing for different experiences and changes of scenery during the Festival.
This is a seasonal contract position for the DIY Festival held on August 11–13, 2017. The Cashier is required to be on site for the duration of the DIY Festival’s operating hours, so working long hours in extreme heat are factors you should consider and keep in mind when applying for this position.
Training will definitely be provided!
- Basic math skills
- Great under pressure and has stress management abilities
- Knows how to provide spectacular customer service
- Has 2–4 years experience with retail and cash handling
- Previous experience with a POS (Point of Sales) platform/software is a BONUS!
- Previous experience with large events would be PHENOMENAL!
- HONESTY—especially when it comes to handling cash and card transactions and/or any personal information
- Professionally interact with Festival patrons and visitors
- Super good at listening, taking direction
- Ability to adapt and be flexible when necessary to help other team members
- Ability to think quickly and resolve problems that may arise with an outdoor event
- Must be punctual
- Excellent communication abilities
- Knows how to spell “team player” without an “I” or “me”
- Must attend most or all staff meetings and production training
- Ability to come in for scheduled meetings and trainings with other Festival staff members and for Finance related purposes