2021 Holiday Market Exhibitor Prospectus
The Craft Lake City Holiday Market is open to makers and craft foodies who currently reside & operate in the state of Utah. No dealers, agents or representatives are permitted. Because the purpose of the Craft Lake City Holiday Market is to showcase local makers and artisans, preference will be given to applicants whose items are handmade in Utah by the applicant. Craft Lake City reserves the right to reject any applications which do not fall within or meet our guidelines. Any applicant who has applied and is found to not meet requirement parameters will have their application forfeited with no refund of their application fee.
Original Work Regulation:
All creations must be original, handcrafted work. No commercial, mass produced or manufactured work that is not made by the artist(s) will be accepted. Upon submission of images, the artisan guarantees the accuracy of the description of artwork presented and the authenticity of the artwork as original and created by their own hands. The jury reserves the right to reject any displays or items not in keeping with the character of the images submitted.
All artwork exhibited at the Festival must be of the quality and style represented by the artist in images submitted with the application as well as of the media category for which they are accepted.
Commitment to Availability:
Artists must be present during the entire Craft Lake City Holiday Market and should personally staff their space, as attendees are enthusiastic to meet, speak with and shop from local creators. No agents, dealers or representatives may attend the Market in place of the artist.
Application Fee: Non-refundable $15, paid online after completing the digital application. The application fee goes towards the cost of administrative processing and jurying.
• 2D: One-of-a-kind 2-dimensional creative works, including illustration, collage, drawing, painting, printmaking, letterpress cards, digital art, photography or original designs printed onto other materials (such as paper, clothing, mugs, etc.).
• 3D Work: Sculptural works, which includes items that may be made from clay, found/upcycled materials, glass wood, ceramic or metal.
• Commercial food: Food prepared on-site in a booth or truck for large-scale events, or pre-packaged food items made by hand by a large team or company.
• Craft food: Pre-packaged edible goods made in a certified commercial kitchen.
• Fiber: Products created with natural fibers or cloth (including weaving, felting, spinning, embroidery, wearable clothing items, etc.).
• House & Home: Goods for merchandising and home furnishing (such as plant holders, wall hangings, home decor, clocks, furniture, and dinnerware).
• Informational: Local nonprofits and organizations interested in sharing information about their mission and programs with the community.
• Jewelry: Functional or decorative adornments and wearable trinkets (such as bracelets, necklaces, belts, headpieces and more).
• Skincare & Grooming: Topical products, oils, bathing items, etc. used for skin, hair and body care.
• Vintage: Quality, antique clothing, furniture, and/or retro items made previous to 1999 (big-box store, prefabricated label items not eligible).
• Craft/Commercial Food: handmade, pre packaged edible items.
Photographs in your Application:
Strong images of your work are valuable to your application. Focus on capturing images of five single products that can provide insight to the jury of your craftsmanship and creativity.
After applications close, artisan applications are juried anonymously by a panel of local individuals. Jurors are not in any way employed, contracted or internally associated with Craft Lake City. All exhibitor applications remain anonymous to the jury, and jurors will only have access to the applicant’s uploaded five images, which includes description and market price of the product.
Commercial food vendors will be scheduled by the Craft Lake City Food Coordinator.
Invited Artisan and Vintage Vendor Fees*:
• 5’x6′ Space: $130
• 5’x8′ Space: $160
• 5’x10′ Space: $180
• 10’x10′ Space: $335
• Shared 10’x10′ Space: $410
• Small Commercial 10’x10′ Food Space: $525
• Large Commercial 10’x10′ Food Space: $600
• Electricity (optional): $150
*Above amounts include the cost of an Ogden City special event vendor license, which will be secured by Craft Lake City.
Exhibitor Space Info:
Holiday Market exhibitors will be placed indoors at The Monarch in Ogden. Following are the exhibit space options for applicants in the Artisan and Vintage category:
- 5’x6′ Space: 5’ deep x 6’ wide of designated floor space to set up a small “shop” in the venue. No walls, tables or chairs provided. Exhibitors who have smaller items, displays, and inventory should apply for a 5’x6′ space. Exhibitor must bring a back wall that is no more than 7′ high by 6′ wide.
- 5’x8′ Space: 5’ deep x 8’ wide of designated floor space to set up a small “shop” in the venue. No walls, tables or chairs provided. Exhibitors who have smaller items, displays, and inventory should apply for a 5’x8′ space. Exhibitor must bring a back wall that is no more than 7′ high by 7′ wide.
- 5’x10′ Space: 5’ deep x 10’ wide of designated floor space to set up a small “shop” in the venue. No walls, tables or chairs provided. Exhibitor must bring a back wall that is no more than 7′ high by 10′ wide.
- 10’x10’ Space: 10’x10’ of designated floor space to set up a “shop” in the venue. No walls, tables or chairs provided. Exhibitors who have a large display and inventory to fill the space should apply for a 10’x10′ space. Exhibitor must bring a back wall that is no more than 7′ high by 10′ wide.
The dimensions above indicate the amount of designated floor space selected exhibitors will have for products AND customer foot traffic. Items may not be placed outside of the designated space. Walls will not be provided, but all artisans are required to bring a “back wall” with weights to visually separate them from their neighbors and make their space feel like a small store. This “back wall” can be made of fabric, wood, furniture or other materials. Side walls are not required but are highly encouraged. Tables and chairs will NOT be provided, but may be rented in advance if desired.
Space Sharing Policy:
Applicants in the Artisan and Vintage category may opt to share 10’x10′ of floor space with one other individual exhibitor in this category. This will guarantee that the two artisans are placed in the same 10’x10′ area. Both artisans interested in sharing 10’x10′ of designated floor space must apply separately and both artisans must be accepted in order to share a space at the Craft Lake City Holiday Market. On the application, both artisans must state with whom they would like to share. Sharing a 5’x10′ or 5’x8′ space is not allowed—this option is available only for 10’x10′ spaces. Only two artisans are allowed to share one 10’x10′ space.
Due to the limited availability of electricity at the venue, it is difficult to accommodate a high volume of power users. Craft Lake City does careful planning and testing to ensure we meet the needs of those who have requested and paid for electricity. As such, electrical access is priced to reflect its scarcity. Craft Lake City is also working towards becoming a zero waste event by using sustainable, low-energy initiatives, and encourages its exhibitors to utilize LED lights and battery-powered energy sources.
Unauthorized use of electricity puts other exhibitors at risk as it may cause outages. Participants who have knowingly not disclosed power needs prior to the event and are found to be using power may be asked to provide immediate, on-the-spot payment for power use.
Sales & Tax Information:
Craft Lake City does not take any money from commission or sales of your works or products during the course of the Craft Lake City Holiday Market. The Utah State Tax Commission will mail you a required sales tax form to complete approximately one week after the Craft Lake City Holiday Market. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to pay the appropriate taxes from sales at the end of the event.
Exhibitor Responsibilities & Safety:
By applying and accepting Craft Lake City’s invitation, all exhibiting artists agree to comply with Craft Lake City, Craft Lake City Holiday Market and venue rules & regulations.
The exhibitor assumes all responsibility for safeguarding of their products and their displays at the Craft Lake City Holiday Market on December 3-4, 2021. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to insure their property. One available option that other local events have recommended is ACT Insurance, though it us up to the exhibitor to determine the best way to insure their property, and Craft Lake City assumes no responsibility in that decision.
Craft Lake City has the right to close the Craft Lake City Holiday Market if any unforeseen circumstances occur that would affect the safety of the event attendees or vendors. Vendors are required to disclose their availability to participate in the Craft Lake City Holiday Market at the time of application and during acceptance of their invitation. Failure to do so may affect the exhibitor’s future opportunity to participate in the Craft Lake City Holiday Market. By participating, the exhibitor understands that abuse of any kind is not welcome. Any individual who displays negative, crude, crass, belligerent or any other non-exemplary behavior that causes discomfort towards any person present at the Festival will be asked to leave. Craft Lake City reserves the right to determine what behaviors are deemed inappropriate and non-characteristic of Craft Lake City standards. We do not condone any racist, bigoted or unsafe behavior from any area of the event or within our community.
The exhibitor, when invited, agrees to hold harmless Craft Lake City, Eighteen Percent Gray, Craft Lake City Coordinators, Volunteers, Employees, the Venue and Venue Representatives, and Market Sponsors for any damage, loss, or theft, to artwork, displays or other personal property, or injury to their person, regardless of cause resulting from their participation in this event. The exhibitor agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations set.