Sponsored Entrepreneur Program
About the Program
In support of this goal, Craft Lake City has designed the Sponsored Entrepreneur Program to benefit five new makers, artisans, foodies or STEM engineers. Craft Lake City partners with community organizations to offer this experience to individuals who have never exhibited at the DIY Fest.
The Sponsored Entrepreneur Program provides one-on-one mentorship before, during and after the DIY Fest with an experienced exhibitor in the entrepreneur's same medium or category, who will help them determine if they would like to apply to participate for the following year’s DIY Fest. This program can serve as the bridge between the entrepreneur’s creative pursuits and the start of building a business around them. Additionally, it can educate the potential entrepreneur about the benefits of DIY Fest participation and how to construct a successful business model based on special event engagement.
The program provides one-on-one mentorship before, during and after the Festival with an exhibitor in their respective category. The entrepreneurs meet with a seasoned DIY Festival exhibitor before, during and after the event to determine if they would like to apply to participate the following year. This program can serve as the bridge between the entrepreneur’s idea and passion and the start of building their business.
Sponsored Entrepreneurs must be:
New makers, artisans, craft foodies, vintage vendors and/or STEM engineers who are still in the very early stages of starting a creative business and would benefit from mentor support in getting their ideas off the ground, AND who have never exhibited at the Annual Craft Lake City DIY Fest or Holiday Market.
Benefits of the Sponsored Entrepreneurs Program
Sponsored Entrepreneurs receive:
- One-on-one insight from a seasoned Utah maker before, during and after the DIY Fest
- Two tickets to attend the DIY Fest
- Wrap-up meeting with Sponsored Entrepreneur mentor to review sales tax and post-event procedures
Required Participation of Sponsored Entrepreneurs
Craft Lake City works with community nonprofit partners to identify individuals who may be interested in and who would benefit from the Sponsored Entrepreneurs Program. Once an individual is selected to participate:
- The Sponsored Entrepreneur is invited to a group meeting with Craft Lake City staff and their assigned DIY Fest mentor
- The Sponsored Entrepreneur schedules a one-on-one meeting with their mentor to learn about the first steps to building a business
- During the DIY Fest, Sponsored Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to shadow seasoned exhibitors during set up and during a partial festival day to get a feel for the event, asking questions and gaining business knowledge on-site. They will then be free to enjoy the DIY Fest for the remainder of that day
- Post-festival, Sponsored Entrepreneurs will work with their mentors to review sales tax and post-event procedures
- Wrap-up meeting with CLC Staff and Sponsored Entrepreneur mentor, giving feedback about their experience