Sponsored Entrepreneur Program
In support of this goal, Craft Lake City has designed the Sponsored Entrepreneur Program, which will benefit five interested new makers, artisans, foodies or STEM engineers. Craft Lake City partners with community organizations to offer this experience to individuals who have never exhibited at the DIY Festival or Holiday Market.
The program provides one-on-one mentorship before, during and after the Festival with an exhibitor in their respective category. The entrepreneurs meet with a seasoned DIY Festival exhibitor before, during and after the event to determine if they would like to apply to participate the following year. This program can serve as the bridge between the entrepreneur’s idea and passion and the start of building their business.
The Sponsored Entrepreneur must be a:
New makers, artisans, craft foodies, vintage vendors and/or STEM engineers who have never exhibited at the DIY Festival or Holiday Market.
Makers, artisans, craft foodies, vintage vendors or STEM exhibitors who would like to gain more knowledge about the festival from the exhibitors perspective with the idea that they would participate the following year.
What Benefits do Sponsored Entrepreneurs Receive?
Sponsored Entrepreneurs Receive:
- One on One insight from seasoned makers before, during and after the DIY Festival
- Two tickets to the DIY Festival
How do Sponsored Entrepreneurs Participate?
Craft Lake City works with community nonprofit partners to identify individuals who may be interested in and benefit from the Sponsored Entrepreneurs program. Once an individual is identified:
- The Sponsored Entrepreneur is invited to an entrepreneur group meeting
- The Sponsored Entrepreneur schedules a one-on-one meeting with their Entrepreneur Mentor to learn about the first steps to building a business
- During the festival Sponsored Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to shadow seasoned CLC exhibitors during set up and one partial festival day to get a feel for the event. They will then be free to enjoy the festival for the remainder of the day.
- Post festival, Sponsored Entrepreneurs will work with their Entrepreneur Mentor to review sales tax and post-festival procedures
If you are a representative of a community organization and are interested in participating in the Sponsored Entrepreneur Program, contact us at (801) 906-8521 or info[at]craftlakecity.com.