Sponsored Families Program
For the purposes of the program, a “family” represents a household, and may include a single individual or multiple people sharing one roof and one household budget.
In order to make the best use of program resources, Craft Lake City seeks to includes families who are committed to attending the Festival and fully participating in the activities offered.
Craft Lake City works closely with nonprofit partner organizations to help identify families who may benefit from this program. These organizations play a crucial role as liaisons between Craft Lake City and the families, helping facilitate attendance logistics, language barriers and overall coordination.
What Benefits do Sponsored Families Receive?
Each individual from a Sponsored Family receives the following:
- One DIY Fest general admission ticket per person (to be used on the DIY Fest day of their choice)
- One meal voucher
- One kids craft voucher
- One STEM craft voucher
- One Craft Lake City merchandise voucher
How do Sponsored Families Participate?
Craft Lake City works with community nonprofit partners to identify families who may be interested in and benefit from the Sponsored Families program. Once families are selected to participate:
- Craft Lake City, with the partner organization, invites the families to attend the DIY Fest and provides them with logistics regarding check-in at the festival.
- A Craft Lake City liaison meets each family at the gate when they arrive.
- The Craft Lake City liaison provides entry tickets and vouchers to the family.
- The Craft Lake City liaison also provides a mini tour of the DIY Fest to help orient the family upon time of arrival.
- Families are then free to enjoy the festival at their own pace for the day.