The Craft Lake City® DIY Festival® is distinct in its focus on creating diverse avenues of opportunity for local creatives. We believe there are “makers”—artisans, entrepreneurs, and engineers—in all communities. Craft Lake City developed the DIY Festival STEM Scholarship as a means of being socially inclusive and considerate of our communities.
The STEM Scholarship is designed to support local STEM organizations and individuals who require financial assistance to participate in the Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival. A limited number of STEM Scholarships will be offered to DIY Festival applicants each year, and recipients will have their exhibitor fees fully or partially waived for the 12th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival.
- Submit your application for the 12th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival and pay the $20 festival application fee by 11:59 PM MST on April 6, 2020. If the $20 application fee presents a challenge, support may be available from grants, donors or additional other funding sources to assist qualified applicants with covering a portion of their application fee. Interested applicants may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1-paragraph statement of need prior to the application deadline (April 6) to inquire about potential application fee support. Additionally, Craft Lake City offers Application Assistance Days to provide local STEM exhibitors free support with the DIY Festival application process.
- Craft Lake City will invite STEM applicants to submit a STEM Scholarship form. STEM Scholarship applications are due April 13, 2020.
- STEM scholarship recipients must be juried into the Festival as a 2-day or 3-day exhibitor based on the quality of their work. Applicants will be notified on Friday, May 8, 2020 by email if you have been accepted into the Festival.
- STEM scholarship recipients will be notified via email on Friday, May 15, 2020.
- If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com.