Join our Team
Craft Lake City is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, promote and inspire local artisans while elevating the creative culture of the Utah arts community through science, technology and art. Craft Lake City's flagship event is the annual DIY Festival held each year in August. We also offer year-round programming that includes workshops, exhibits, and other special events.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for identifying and securing funding for Craft Lake City’s many programs through grant writing, sponsorship asks and fundraising.
Craft Lake City’s Development Coordinator is community-minded, interested in local DIY culture, familiar with Craft Lake City’s nonprofit mission and programs and, above all, has a passion for writing. The Development Coordinator will become intimately familiar with Craft Lake City’s programming and continually innovate and improve upon our ability to craft a narrative that resonates with funders. The Development Coordinator will develop and track multiple funding projects simultaneously, requiring the ability to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
- Working with the Executive Director to create and execute a development plan to support Craft Lake City’s mission and goals.
- Identifying grant opportunities, writing grants, managing grant reporting, and tracking grant performance and fulfillment
- Cultivating relationships with sponsors for the annual DIY Festival and other Craft Lake City events. Soliciting sponsorships, meeting with potential donors, coordinating sponsorship recognition and benefits, and managing follow-up and reporting
- Developing an individual giving plan, including working with Craft Lake City staff to create, launch, and oversee a membership program
- Collecting and managing data and statistics that support Craft Lake City’s funding requests
- Developing creative new ways to deliver value to partners in exchange for financial support
- Identifying new sources of funding via creative outreach
- Tracking funding and related commitments over time
- Clarifying messaging for Craft Lake City programs
- Generating content for Craft Lake City’s annual report
- Overseeing Craft Lake City’s DIY Festival Sponsored Families program
- Exceptional customer service skills when dealing with both colleagues and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for writing and narrative storytelling
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail
- Organized and efficient in ability to document, manage, monitor and track data
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Experience with workflow and information management tools such as Google Drive, Asana or Airtable a plus
- Ability to respond positively to criticism, to self-reflect, and to change directions when necessary
- Willingness to go above and beyond in order to make things happen
- Direct experience with fundraising, grant writing, or sales would be a plus
- Experience with DIY culture or working in a nonprofit arts environment a plus
- Experience coordinating events and managing volunteers a plus
- Ability to work 20+ hours per week, with the opportunity of increasing to full-time
We’re always looking for passionate volunteers who understand Craft Lake City’s mission and are eager to share their love for the organization and DIY culture with the community.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the 10th Annual Craft Lake City DIY Festival! Apply today to be part of the DIY Festival team.
If you are interested in working with Craft Lake City on a regular basis, consider joining our volunteer Marketing Team! Our Marketing Team helps represent Craft Lake City at community events such as the Downtown Farmers Market, Arts Day on the Hill and the Pierpont Gallery Stroll, just to name a few. Marketing Team members play a critical role by helping to educate the public about Craft Lake City and its programs. Team members attend regular Marketing Team meetings and trainings and participate in events throughout the year. Duties may include assisting with table/booth setup, staffing the booth to represent Craft Lake City and educate others, and working with the public to create make-and-take crafts.
Don’t feel you have the time to be a part of the Craft Lake City Marketing Team? Craft Lake City is always looking for volunteers to help with a variety of things throughout the year, and you can still assist with some of our outreach events by being paired up with a Marketing Team volunteer.