This month our recipe comes from Craft Lake City’s Marketing Coordinator, Robin Sessions. Robin is a passionate cook who loves to bring family and friends together with yummy food. She shares with us her favorite curry recipes given to her by one of her best friends Ms. Healthy Angell! You can check out her blog with more recipes and healthy tips here and the complete recipe for Butternut Pumpkin Curry below.
Butternut Pumpkin Curry
Half a can or box of organic pumpkin puree
1 butternut squash chopped up and baked
1 clove of garlic
1 can of light coconut milk
4-5 organic potatoes
1 can organic garbanzo beans (salt free)
2 tbsp of curry powder
A dash of pumpkin spice
2 bell peppers & 1 jalapeno
1 white onion
2-3 carrots (depending on size)
1 head of spinach
A few leaves of basil
2 cups rice
1. Start cooking rice either in boiling water or in a rice cooker.
2. You will want to put the pumpkin puree (don’t forget we’re only using 1/2), the butternut squash, coconut milk and 1 clove garlic into the blender. Blend and place mixture on the stove.
3. After the thick curry sauce is warm put in the curry powder and a dash of pumpkin spice (and I mean a dash.)
4. Stir the mixture for 5-10 minutes.
5. Dice the peppers, clove of garlic, onion, potatoes and carrots.
6. Add in the onion, peppers, chopped up garlic, potatoes, can of garbanzo beans (along with the water) and carrots.
7. After 15-20 minutes dice up the tomatoes, rip the basil and chop off the spinach stems. Toss everything else in!
8. After tossing in the last ingredients turn off the stove and let the curry sit for 5 minutes. This way the tomatoes do not get overly cooked, along with the spinach.
9. Once the rice is finished, place into a small bowl and then dish the curry on top.